This room provides a corner shower, bidet, basin, heated towel radiator (when gas central heating on), triple mirrored storage unit, mirror, shaving / hair dryer electric point, ceiling light, Extractor fan and a tiled floor
BRANTOME – Holiday rental – property for rent
Are you looking to rent a holiday property with a difference in the Dordogne ? Looking for something close but not too close to the centre so you can amble to the restaurants and bars yet have the flexibility of being just away from the centre?
Photo – Brantome river & Abbey -click to go large
This is a great property if you wish for something a bit different, all the mod cons, very clean, comfortable and easy access to the Village, parking, great for a holiday on your own, with friends, to use as a base or just chill out. The property is unique because the front part of the house was built 200 years ago when the local area was thriving with building stone properties.
The rear part of the house is built into the rock yet with modern techniques you would not realise this. The house is a real tardis and deceptive in size. The rooms are bright and well proportioned. When exceptionally hot outside the pleasant internal temperate is exactly what makes this place so lovely. When cooler outside during the winter the gas thermostatic radiator heating system quickly warms the temperature.
Whether morning or afternoon you can enjoy the balcony and the superb views into the village, perhaps in the evening when enjoying a glass of wine here or in the garden.
The pleasant small garden opposite offers you the opportunity to relax your holiday away or enjoy your meals with friends.
The accommodation is extremely flexible to meet your needs and privacy as group or space if one family.
As property caters between 2 – 6 persons (possible infant children in addition please contact us) within the accommodation combination below:
We have 2 good sized lounges, 3 bedrooms, kitchen diner, plus large table in lounge, 2 toilets / showers, garden, parking.
- Gas Central heating (Combie so hot water on demand)
- Broadband – wifi (conditions and fair use apply)
- Gated Garden, (patio & dining area) Children to be supervised
- Games, wii, inc boules
- TV (UK) 42″ & 37″ flats screen
- HD freesat + Humax recorder
- VHS player
- DVD player
- Washing Machine
- Fridge Freezer
- Gas hob, electric oven
- 2 bicycles
- Ability to split property with friends & family
- Balcony for those relaxing moments, Children to be supervised
- Local English & French speaking contacts
- Private access to river (children must be supervised)
- External parasol, table , chairs and loungers
Local activities & things to do:
- Nothing – just relax!
- Walking (see tourist office)
- Cycling (see tourist office)
- Horse riding
- Canoe 1 -3 persons, Kayaking, Paddle boards – choice of route and distance
- Micro-lite (ULM)
- Golf (approx 20 mins)
- Touring – Brantome is a good central village
- Brantome and local area have many interesting areas and sites to visit.
- Brantome ex Police horse sanctuary note set days of opening
- Boat(s) excursions
- Fishing (licenses purchased locally)
- Rock Climbing
- Adventure Climbing
- Childrens events
- River beaches and swimming within an easy drive
- Many historical locations to meet most visitors preferences
- Restaurants (25+)
- Bars & Cafe’s
- Supermarkets & DIY
- Garage (repairs & Fuel)
- Tuesday & Friday markets
- Water Jousting (Friday’s during the summer and certain events)
- Fetes, Festivals & Brocantes
- Regional Tourist Office for other events
- A good choice of shops
- 4 Baker shops
- 2 Butcher Shops
- British papers available to purchase for those in need
- Large Pharmacy
- Several Doctors and Local Ambulances
- Cycle Shop